Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Sweet Tart | Gray's Tied House

2/5
Poor
1 Rating

Gray's Tied House
Wisconsin, United States
graystiedhouse.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by t0rin0 on 11-11-2010

2/5  rDev 0%

Sampled 10/9/2010. Another experimental brew. No idea how to classify this, I'll try to figure it out by the end of the review.

Pous light yellow, slight haze, some head, no lace or retention.

Aroma is funk, fishfood, and lemon candy.

Flavor is heavy on the fishfood (old hops maybe?), slightly tart, and hints of bandaid.

Body is very light and carbonated. Drinkability is missing from this beer.

My guess is that this is either an infected beer or that they were trying to do something sour and it didnt turn out right. The fishfood makes me want to call this an APA or IPA but the super light body and tartness makes me think Wild Ale. Memories of this beer make me cringe as does the idea of defiling any of those styles. American Wild it is.

Tick.