Bockscar | Big Boss Brewing

Style: Bock

Added by thagr81us on 01-22-2012

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%

2.93/5  rDev -12.3%

A- reddish amber with a quick deceding head.

S-dried fruits and malt. Wood lingers.

T- dates an booze. At this abv this is not what it should be. They must overuse their yeast so it is making phenol alcohol.

M-medium bodied

O- this sucks

Quit reusing yeast. In hobby have a hangover tomorrow due to this beer alone.

4.25/5  rDev +27.2%

3.75/5  rDev +12.3%

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%

3.82/5  rDev +14.4%

@ Big Boss

Nice amber-gold color with a minimal head that dissolves to nothing. Sweet, bock-y malt aroma - slightly floral with a touch of hop spice. Tasty malt flavor, nice fresh grain, not too sweet. Medium bodied and slick in the mouth. I've always liked this one. Simple, well-constructed, highly drinkable...pretty good Bock.

3.65/5  rDev +9.3%

God bless the NCBrew2U event at Fullsteam, or else I wouldnt have seen this thing outside of Raleigh.

Pours a dull golden straw with no head. What bubbles I see are off white, but there really isnt much in the half pint I ordered.

The smell is not a doppelbock by anymeans, but a bock yes. Thats what Im reviewing this as, a bock (maybe its even a helles bock), but by no means is it a doppebock. The body tastes sugary sweet, with crystal sugar and super sweet grains making up the bulk of it. no hops.

Nice balance, surprisingly the sweetness is cut by a nice flavor that I cant pin down. Well done Big Boss!

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

1.5/5  rDev -55.1%

3.1/5  rDev -7.2%

Served from tap into a sampler tumbler. Poured a golden yellow with a minimal white head. There was no lacing present throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, wheat, grain, and very subtle spices. The flavor was of sweet malt, wheat, grain, spices, and perfume. It had a light feel on the palate with low carbonation. Overall this was an average brew. I saw this one pop up at a Big Boss event and was excited to try it. However, this one just fell a little short for me unfortunately. It was quite easy to drink, but the flavors were not complex at all. The perfume flavor I got was quite off-putting though on the followthrough. Worth trying to say that you have, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to do so. Tick.

Bockscar from Big Boss Brewing