Moeder Lambik Amber | De Struise Brouwers

Liked:
2.31/5
Alströms:

2.31/5  rDev 0%

Best before 06-2010, this brown 33cl bottle was opened and reviewed on 18-06-2010, so it is just out of date. It was poured into a 'Duvel' glass.

The colour was amber (what a shock, given it's name) and almost clear to look at. The head was small and soon became a collar and wisp of off-white mini-bubbles.

The smell was of dirty towels with lemon peel and other citrus fruits.

The taste didn't enhance it much, malt flavours more than hops, although a bitterness did appear mid-mouthfeel. A nothing beer in my eyes, my second in the 'Moeder Lambik' family and this one is worse than its Blond sister I've reviewed.

I had to have some strong cheese (Shropshire Blue) to help me enjoy this beer, not recommended as a beer to treat yourself too, if visiting Belgium.

Moeder Lambik Amber from De Struise Brouwers