Le Cheval Blanc Ambree D'orge | Brasseurs R.J.

Awaiting More Ratings
Le Cheval Blanc Ambree D'orgeLe Cheval Blanc Ambree D'orge

Brasseurs R.J.
Quebec, Canada
brasseursrj.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 03-31-2003

3.5/5  rDev 0%

Bottle: Poured a clear amber color ale with medium head with average retention. Aroma is comprised mostly of what I think is the Cheval Blanc yeast. Taste is also tainted with this yeast, which has a very particular small and taste but that I very much enjoy. Malt is also present. Overall, I guess this is an above average amber ale (which in my mind is far from the most innovative or complex style out there). Note, this was a freshly brewed bottle which always increase the quality of Cheval Blanc since there are not known to age very well.

3.63/5  rDev 0%

Deep orange in colour. Slightly cloudy. The head is soda-like and fades to a ring around the edge.
An interesting note to the flavour. It matches a similar note in their wheat beers. I'm going to attribute it to use of the same yeast. If that isn't it, I don't know what it is. A sweet tang overlies a mild malt body and light hop finish. That's it.. a solid beer without anything great and a unique touch.

Le Cheval Blanc Ambree D'orge from Brasseurs R.J.