Cinco De Mayo | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States

Style: Chile Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Todd on 05-26-2004

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 5
3.73/5  rDev +7.2%

This beer poured out as a nice looking amber color with a light tan colored head on top. The smell of the beer has a little bit of pepper on the nose, there is a touch of malt aroma in there too. The taste however, has plenty of pepper flavors going on in there. The flavors give off a really nice amount of heat that is actually not too overwhelming. The mouthfeel leaves behind a tingling sensation on the tongue from the chili peppers used. The beer is drinkable also which is nice. Overall I liked it, would have like to try it again one day but probably won't ever get the chance.

3.26/5  rDev -6.3%

I asked for two growlers of the Improper Hopper in Braintree and I got home and had 128 ounces of spicy beer. As far as jalapeno beers go this one is pretty darn good. Unfortunately it's not a session beer, especially if you suffer from severe acid reflux. Either way it's not a bad beer in small doses, but definitely don't make a night of it.

2.52/5  rDev -27.6%

Whew. Glad I lived through that pint. Gonna hurt later. Had a pint for lunch today. Poured very pale yellow in color with no head. Looked fizzy, but the fizz did nto come across in the mouthfeel. Aroma was straight jalapenos. Sweet, but you could smell the burn. The flavor was completely without hops and just slight malt at the very first sip, but the aftertaste was hot hot jalapeno. Struggled my way through it. I like hot, but not in my beer. Pure novelty beer. Mouthfeel was overwhelming after less than 1/4 of the pint.

4.5/5  rDev +29.3%

I tried this beer at the Boston extreme beer fest earlier this year and it was one
of my favorites. I kept going back (heartburn) but I would love
to be able to find this again. Its a perfect blend of spicey beer
like I've never tasted. A killer taste!! I'm hoping they put out

3.37/5  rDev -3.2%

Pours a dark gold with a red tint. Topped with a one finger off-white head, left a ring of lace at the top of the glass.
Fruity and sweet aroma, fitting of a jalapeno (past the heat, those are fruity).
Apple, candy cane, sweet and fruity taste. Spiciness comes out in the back of the mouth.
Light bodied, not something I'd seek out all the time, but I avoided similar beers for awhile due to one horrendous example. This was surprisingly good.

Cinco De Mayo from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery