Miracle Tripel | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: Tripel

Added by shbobdb on 01-02-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
4/5  rDev n/a

Wow, this is the first Tripel I've had that I've actually enjoyed. Normally I think of this style as little more than Belgian malt liquor. Sure, it uses an estery-yeasty coverup rather than sticky sweetness, but the idea is the same: more alcohol per beer than normally allowable, yet suprisingly drinkable. What a terrible idea for a style!
Yet, this beer is very pleasant. With but the slightest lacing of a head, and served warmer than normal beers, it looks quite unassuming. Like a nice lager. Then the taste, complex. Lots of yeast here. More full-blow yeast hulls and metabolites rather than simple esters, yet those are present in abundance as well. My crazy friend that prefers the Angelic to the Great Dane in Madison WI ordered it and I tried it. Yeah, the first tripel I've had that I've enjoyed. Good stuff. Lots of Belgian Candi, but not in a bad way, well used.
Highly recommended for those that like the style (my friend enjoyed it as well) and those that don't (myself).

Miracle Tripel from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery