Terminal 2 | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

rockbottom.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by orbitalr0x on 02-25-2006

3.68/5  rDev 0%

Arrived to me a deep dark black with a half inch of dark tan head in a brandy snifter. The head falls to a ring around the top of the brew. Aromas of dark roastiness, slighty burnt with a chocolatey tone as well. The brew also has a bit of a lactic element to the aroma as well with a touch of sourness. A bit mellow for an imperial stout but still nice.

First sip brings a chewy dark roasted maltiness upfront. Burnt chocolate with a hint of dark fruity flavors. The slightly creamy milk tone comes through in the flavor as well. Finishes a bit sweet with mellow hops on the way down. The best brew I've tried at the Warrenville Rock Bottom yet.

Mouthfeel is smooth, rather thick and warming. A nice sturdy brew that does a good job of warming me up on a cold night. I'd like to see more interesting brews like this from RB. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sample this again before it's all gone.

Terminal 2 from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery