Pea Shooter Pale Ale | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States | website

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RonfromJersey on 01-11-2005

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 6
3.1/5  rDev -17.1%

Appearance: Murky copper color with little head and fair lacing.

Smell: Medium hop aroma with citrus and passion fruit accents.

Taste: Very bitter up front with a strong bitter after taste. Little to no malt detected.

Mouthfeel: Thin and velvet like.

Drinkability: An average beer. I wouldn't go looking for it and I wouldn't turn one down either.

4.15/5  rDev +11%

Had this many times in Seattle. Poured a light copper color with a decent white head. Smelled of citrus, fruit and nice hops and malt to back it up. tasted much the same, very good and well balanced, not abd for a mass brewed APA. Good job Rock bottom.

The Pea Shooter Pale Ale was served in a Guinness style pub glass. The beer is a nice copper with a decent tan head.

It has a big aroma of citrus (grapefruit) and grains.

The taste is pleasantly bitter. It almost seems to be an IPA. Juicy citrus and pine balanced by some slightly toasted malts.

Nice oily mouth with good carbonation. Beer improved as it warmed.

A well made well balanced hoped up APA.

3.93/5  rDev +5.1%

Growler - filled 5 nights ago. And I'm surprised to see that the growler is customized for the specific Rock Bottom.

A dark copper-orange body supports a healthy two-plus-fingers level head of white bubbly frothy. Head slowly recedes and excellent lacing is immediately evident.

Good nose of grapefruit, even if it's a little off in the distance.

Taste has a good malty start, a sweet solid foundation to build on. Hops roll in, but come up just a bit short. Could use a bit more of them to turn the sweetness around to bitter, instead of just blunting it. I know, it's a pale ale, not an IPA, and I may be splitting hairs. Short, light hop aftertaste.

Good mouthfeel. Substantial.

Superior drinkability. I'm already pass my quota for a Monday night.

This exceeded my expectations. If I find myself in the area someday, I'd pop in for a pint.

This growler was a bit unexpected. My wife was in the Chicago area with five other family members for a wake and funeral. Searching for a meal after the wake, and following a foot snowfall, they found the Rock Bottom their best option. My wife called from the table, offered to bring me back a growler, and then put the waitress on the phone. I am pleased to say that the waitress knew what she was talking about regarding beers and we quickly agreed this was my best choice. I hope they tipped her well.

Pea Shooter Pale Ale from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.