Coconut Stout | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States
rockbottom.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by fantome on 10-31-2006

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

4.1/5  rDev +1.5%

Deep brown, with a creamy, tanned head.

Soft, lightly sweet, roasty, caramel-y nose. Nice.

Cocoa and cream in the mouth. Sweet and scrumptious. Turns earthy & dry in the end.
Nearly full in body, rich and rewarding.

Can't say where the coconut comes in, but the end result is delicious and definitely drinkable. Quite nice. I could drink a million of these.

4.13/5  rDev +2.2%

Jet black, just the faintest red/garnet at the edges, large tan nitro-tap head. The aroma was rich,sweet and chocloate like, which kind of contrasted the initially flavor. Up front it was more like actually drinking milk, (it is a coconut milk stout after all) smooth and sweet. I went into is thinking the same thing as Fantome (see below) that it might be like drinking tanning lotion, but it wasn't at all, the coconut flavor is not overpowering at all, but it adds a slightly exotic edge. Some roasted coffee and chocolate show up well in the aftertaste, even some dark cherry-like flavors. Hops become more and more apparent as the mug goes down, to the point that when I walked out of RB to go home, I said to myself, "Man that was way hoppier than I though at first." This beer is not a thick sticky monster, but is smooth, sweet, and milky. I was pleasantly suprised by it.

Coconut Stout from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery