Java Stout | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States
rockbottom.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by rhoadsrage on 10-08-2007

I used to go to Rock Bottom all the time and this was my staple so I know it like the back of me hand.

A: Black. Skim of a brown head.

S: Nice burnt caramel with coffee and dark dark chocolate notes.

T: Hearty burnt caramel flavors with coffee and dark dark chocolate flavors in there too.

M: Medium.

D: This one is easy to drink and I used to shoot pool over several pints of this brew.

4.2/5  rDev +4.2%

This was the rotating “dark beer” special. The waitress told me it was made with Espresso.

Served in a standard pint, the beer is jet black with a dense brown head. Nice lacing.

It has a nice nose of coffee, dark chocolate and roasted malts.

First sip is java! Wow that's a jolt. It is earthy with roasted malts and bakers chocolate all supporting the espresso. I’m not a huge coffee fan, but I really liked this beer.

The mouth was sturdy and this is a great nightcap type beer.

3.88/5  rDev -3.7%

(Served in an American pint glass)

A- This beer has a jet black body and a creamy bubbly light tan head that last a good while. The body is too dense to see any sign of carbonation.

S- The smell of dark roasted malt has a mild note of coffee and a dark nougat note to it.

T- the taste of sweet black malt blends with hot coffee and a dark fruit note to it. The sweet taste of cream is soft and caramel malt comes through as I keep sipping this beer.

M- This beer has a medium-full mouthfeel with a light fusel note when this beer is warm.

D- The cask conditioning brings out some nice depth to the malt but the coffee flavors are a bit light in roasted quality.

Java Stout from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery