Up The Kriek | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Added by drumrboy22 on 11-26-2007

3.8

3.8/5  rDev 0%

I was really surprised to see a lambic being offered by Rock Bottom. I was excited, but didn't have high hopes. I never really know what to expect from Rock Bottom.

Served on tap and poured into a tall snifter glass.

Aroma was sour and funky with just a hint of cherries. So far, so good.

Taste was sour, with a slight hint of cherries. I was worried that this would be overly sweet, but that wasn't the case at all. I liked the fact that the cherry taste was tame and more in the background of the beer. Funky and sour, but well balanced.

I was pleasantly surprised by this beer and applaud Rock Bottom for taking a chance and doing something different than their standard pale, amber, wheat routine. Not sure if it was left over from GABF or if this is a rotating release, but either way, I like it and I hope they continue to brew this one as well as experiment with styles outside of the "box".

Despite the sour funk and high ABV, it was fairly easy drinking. Great job!

Up The Kriek from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery