Crazy Lil Angel | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Availability: Fall

Added by spointon on 11-12-2008

4.33/5  rDev 0%

I had this one on tap at the Orland Park Rock Bottom on 11/13/2008.

A= This was my first ever Belgian ale from a cask, and I have to say the beer engine did wonderful things to this ale. Upon pouring, the entire glass was filled with a creamy whiteness. The bright orange ale slowly settled to the bottom and over the course of a few minutes pushed its way up the glass, leaving a 2" dense, creamy head. The consistency of the head reminded me of tightly packed froth from atop a cappuccino. Lots of sticky lacing down my glass.

S= Positively bursting with fruity esters, sweet malts, light grains, peaches, mangos, apples, and pears. Some light grassy hops in there too.

T= Very sweet and fruity most of the way through each swallow - showing caramel malt, bananas, bubblegum, mangos, and orchard fruits. Grassy and earthy hops kick in just before the finish dries out and shows a bit of alcohol. Faint sulfur note toward the end of the finish.

MF= Lighter bodied with extremely soft carbonation (as one would expect of a cask ale).

D= I really loved the draft version of this beer, and I have to say I like the cask version even more. Exceptional!

Crazy Lil Angel from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery