The Bard's 80/- | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: Scottish Ale

Added by spointon on 02-09-2009

4.23/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I had this one on tap at the Orland Park Rock Bottom on 2/6/2009. This beer was brewed as a tribute to the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns, Scotland's National Poet.

A= This ale poured a clear copper color with a tight 1/2" off-white head. The head eventually dropped to a spotty skim and left behind only a few lines of lacing.

S= As one would expect of the style, this beer produced a sweet malty aroma. I did detect an out-of-place sulfur note in the aroma that had me baffled and took some of the aromatic pleasure away from this beer.

T= Spot on malty goodness here. Lots of rich caramel in the forefront with just a bit of diacetyl toffee and butterscotch. Very faint hint of smoke in the background. Clean finish left me wanting another sip.

MF= Lighter side of medium body with a moderate crispness to the mouthfeel.

D= I really enjoyed this beer and hope that Iain adds this to his regular rotation of "special" beers.

The Bard's 80/- from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery