McCoy's Exodus | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

rockbottom.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by spointon on 02-09-2010

4.17/5  rDev 0%

I had this on tap at the Orland Park Rock Bottom, served in a tall mug club glass.

A= This stout poured deep dark black brown color with a dark tan, super creamy head. The head started off at about 1" and settled maybe half that as I drank the glass. Some nice sticky foam/lace clung to the glass.

S= Nice big aroma full of roasted malt, chocolate, rich dark fruit, a little alcohol, and a hint of coffee.

T= Flavor was close to what I expected after the aroma, but slightly less intense. Nice balance of roasty bitterness and chewy sweet malt/toffee/caramel notes. A nice ripe fruity quality through the middle. Hops were faint and leafy. Finished with a kiss of alcohol and a lingering dark chocolate flavor.

MF= Big body with a nicely creamy nitro carbonation.

D= This is one tasty and damned drinkable RIS. Sort of reminded me of Old Rasputin. I'll be back for more!

McCoy's Exodus from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery