Uppity Jagoff IPA | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: American IPA

Added by nukem5 on 10-03-2010

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
3.63/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

3.81/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev -22.8%

3.41/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

This may be the darkest ipa I have ever seen; black ipas not included. Very dark ruby hue. Almost looks like an old ale or a barleywine. Kind of tastes like one too. There is a hop influence, sure. But there seems to be a thick malt base going on. I dunno. If it was a strong ale, it would make more sense. But as an ipa, I don't get it.

3.29/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

22 oz bomber courtesy of mgbickel pours a surprisingly dark copper color, moderate retention and nice lacing...I just cant get over how dark this is...it would be dark even for an imperial red ale.

Nose is modest citric hops along with a hefty dose of raisins and caramely malt..bordering on chocolate hints. It certainly does not smell like an IPA.

Taste is more like a light English old ale as opposed to an IPA...the caramel malt and fruity yeast are dominant and the hops are far in the background....English IPA might even be pushing it here. I dont mind drinking it though, it has a decent sweetness and a serious fruitiness that is fairly enjoyable. I dont think I could recommend this to anyone, but I am not having much trouble drinking the bomber either.

3.92/5  rDev +10.1%

tap

Pours a deep reddish color with an off-white head.

Aroma of piney hops and bready malts.

Strong pine hop flavor with caramel, bread-like malt, and a hint of tartness like grapefruit.

Medium body with a tingle of carbonation.

Pretty decent stronger IPA with good flavor, I liked this one maybe the most of the RB beers besides the Milk Stout that I tried and would have it again.

3.38/5  rDev -5.1%

Deep garnet in color with a still-standing beige head. Intriguingly dark. 4.0

Earthy hops in front display with some grapefruit notes. Toasted malts with an English Mild kind of aroma. Interesting. 3.5

Very boozy for an IPA. Sweet tangy malts with an earthy, citric hop zing. Very metallic in the finish, as some hoppy red ales tend to be, but this one's very steely. 3.0

Blitzing alcohol strength for the style. Warming going down. Medium-strong carbonation with a medium body. Not bad. 3.0

I kind of like this beer, but it's not particularly an IPA. More like a hoppy American Red Ale. Worth another look. 4.0

3.73/5  rDev +4.8%

Ow man I knew I had to try this one since I am a Jagoff! :P

A- Poured a dark amber brown. Darker than I expected. Has a nice layer of head with sticky lacing throughout.

S - Meh not as hoppy as I wanted for such an aggressive sounding name. Smell of slight citrus hops and bread.

T - Well it's really not a bad IPA. I get a bit of citrus and then bit of caramel sweetness similar to a barleywine with a finish that is bitter pine that lingers on the palate.

M - This is where the "?" ABV comes to play. It seemed thick and heavy, almost like a DIPA. I guess it's around 8%

Overall it was a pretty random to find this beer and an even random name. Not a bad IPA at all!

3.8/5  rDev +6.7%

A nice Ipa. I had it on draft first then had to get some to take with me in a growler. The apperance is a nice dark brown. The smell is nice hoppy maybe a lil malty smell. The taste is a well blended with some type of spice and possible citrus. I liked this Ipa alot. It was prety strong too I think about 8%

Rock Bottom Brewery: Uppity Jagoff

Pours dark for the style, an amber brown color with off white head and little lacing on the glass. Smells malty with some floral hops and a hint of sweetness. In the flavor, chocolatey malt presence, some citrus hops, even bitterness with some lingering into the finish. Medium bodied, smooth and overall a decent beer.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast