Vanilla Oak Infusion Imperial Stout | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States
rockbottom.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Robust American Imperial Stout infused with whole Madagascar Vanilla Bean and medium toast oak.

Added by kbutler1 on 10-04-2010

3.85/5  rDev 0%

Pours a layer of tan head with some decent retention. Leaves some lace rings. Color is fairly black.

Aroma: Creamy, sweet vanilla, chocolate, roasted malts. Pretty nice and I like it, but I can't get any of the oak out of the nose.

Taste: Not bad. Vanilla sweetness, caramel, chocolate, and oak. I am glad to see the oak showing here. I also get a dry cocoa powder flavor.

Mouthfeel: Creamy and smooth, but dry. Medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. Ends a bit dry.

Overall, a decent beer actually. I like it. It is somewhat drinkable. A bit sweet for me. Definitely worth a try.

3.58/5  rDev 0%

Draft at Autumn Brew Review. Pours a dark brown almost black color with a slight tan head. The nose is a nice blend of vanilla, coco, and oak. The first sip delivers a nice medium mouthfeel although I would have preferred it a little heavier. Good lace forming on the glass. A nice taste of vanilla sweetness followed by dark chocolate and a slight touch of oak. Overall, not bad but I think it was a little light for me. Really didn't pick up too much if any at all alcohol tastes.

Vanilla Oak Infusion Imperial Stout from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery