Hair Of The Tongue

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:

I normally do exquisite reviews that are consistent in both form and quality. However, I had this beer too long ago to do an honest review. But, I see that there is only one review of this beer and it is a negative one. This is a disgrace to me because I recall this beer being so excellent and delicious that I thought it was a 7% IPA! I come on here shocked that it is a 10.5% Imperial IPA. It needs to be respected because this is a great beer! So if you are at Rock Bottom, please give this one a try and you will not be disappointed!

2.83/5  rDev -17.3%

Had at the Denver Rock Bottom. Their only cask beer at the time. Was hyped up by the waitress, who had a poor knowledge of beer in general. Served in a goblet.

A: Amber-gold. Hazy. Average appeal.

Sm: Bland light barley. Difficult to detect individual notes with me broken nose.

T: Slack open into lackluster body of barley, malt, and lots of bitterness. Slick bitter finish. A standard IPA (NOT Imperial IPA taste). Alcohol comes through but is warm and balanced with the beer and style.

Mf: Too wet and too smooth.

Dr: Far too pricey. It does hide its abv quite well, but I wouldn't have it again. Among the worst Double IPAs I've had.

Hair Of The Tongue from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery