Nelson Sauvin Golden Ale | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States
rockbottom.com

Style: English Bitter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DesMoinesMike on 08-19-2011

2.29/5  rDev 0%

Made with Nelson Sauvin hops from New Zealand and Golden Promise malts from the UK.

The brewer made a big deal about scoring the hops for this brew but unfortunately I just wasn't able to appreciate it because the taste didn't agree with me. It was a pretty dark orange color that was cloudy like a wheat. The initial aroma is citrus with a touch of musk. The taste just went horribly wrong. There was a hint of orange up front but I was quickly overcame with BO and so much smoke flavor it seemed like I was drinking from an ashtray. What the heck would cause that? Those special hops? The body is good but that lingering taste and tartness just threw me way off. This tapping was courtesy of the brewer, whom has produced many fine brews over the years, but this one isn't for me.

Nelson Sauvin Golden Ale from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery