Experimental Cuvée #1 | HaandBryggeriet

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by thagr81us on 12-31-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
3.62/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Enjoyed while attending Cantillon Zwanze Day 2012 at Avenue Pub! Big thanks goes out to BRoss242 for getting this one to share with our group! Bottled 23.12.11. Served from bottle into a snifter. Poured dark brown with a half finger light tan head that subsided to a minimal amount quickly. Maintained nice lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, wood, sour, fruit, toasted malt, and subtle coffee. The flavor was of sweet malt, roasted malt, dark chocolate, sour, tart, wood, fruit, dark fruit, and subtle coffee. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. There was really quite a bit going on in this one that left you guessing what the Hell was going to happen next. The sour note going on here was definitely welcomed, but I never thought of it going well with subtle coffee notes. I guess I was right on that one. It just added too much bitterness to mix very well in my opinion. Apparently this one was fairly limited here in the States, so I’m glad I got the chance to try it, but I doubt I would try to track down more bottles for cellar storage. Tick.

Experimental Cuvée #1 from HaandBryggeriet