Longhorn | Purity Brewing Co

Purity Brewing Co
England, United Kingdom
puritybrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Longhorn IPA as in expertly brewed craft ale named after the herd of Longhorn Cattle that feed of Purity’s spent grains.

Added by wl0307 on 10-21-2013

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 14
3.37/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Drank this on draft at The Smokehouse in Chiswick. I have had it quite a few times. I like this beer but I could never love it. It looks like a decent APA with a nice full head. The smell is subtle with some pine and lesser fruit like burnt orange rind. Taste is bitter to start and finish and not as fruity as I like APAs but decent fruit all the same. Feel is quite decent but not full bodied. It had some reasonable lacing. Overall this is an ok beer that I wish was better as it is the only APA option in my local. I'm thinking 3.5 out of 5!! Not a bad effort

3.37/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

330ml Can in Patty & Bun, London (£4.75):
A decent enough effort & quite an enjoyable beer with some nice pine & floral hops but there wasn't really much else beyond that. I quite liked the beer at the time & it was an easy one to drink but I'm not convinced it's one I'd be tempted to pick up again.

4.01/5  rDev +10.2%

A: Pale amber, hazy, small head, decent retention.

S: Citrus hop, more pronounced as it warms.

T: Grapefruit, pine, peaches and tropical fruits were nicely balanced out by the bitterness.

M: Soft carbonation, smooth, medium body.

O: The best of the most recent JDW festival, would like to see it more regularly.

Longhorn from Purity Brewing Co