Braunstein Økologisk Viking IPA | Bryghuset Braunstein

3.02/5

Bryghuset Braunstein
Denmark
braunstein.dk

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Malt: Pale Ale Pilsnermalt, Münich and Crystal.

Hops: Amarillo (single hop).

Added by bark on 07-04-2011

3.15/5  rDev +4.3%

2.75/5  rDev -8.9%

3.18/5  rDev +5.3%

I believe this beer is the BB Viking IPA from the Bryghoset Braunstein brewery.

Found in a grocery store in Copenhagen. Apparently this is a single-hop IPA. (Also, it’s listed on the site as a pale ale.)

This pours a cloudy, hazy whitish-gold color. Very fizzy.

There’s a mostly stale hop aroma, like faded hops. I think the label says it’s a British style IPA but aside from a muted green-spicy note I don’t get that sense from the actual beer. Perhaps there’s something lost in the translation (literally and metaphorically)? The flavor is more akin to a blasé Belgo-IPA as it’s sweet with a honeyed, floral finish. Not what I expected from an IPA. While not horrible I wouldn’t drink this again.

Braunstein Økologisk Viking IPA from Bryghuset Braunstein