Yankee Jim Genuine Draft

n/a
Yankee Jim Genuine DraftYankee Jim Genuine Draft
Notes:
2.46/5  rDev +1.7%

Well this beer is just weak. I purchased this at the LCBO for cheap, and i was hoping for a decent cheap beer, something different. Anyway, i was dead wrong. I cracked open the can, poured it into a pint glass, even with a vigorous pour, it didnt even yield a good head, just a very thin line of lace. Looks like your average light lager (you cant give these beers low marks for this, thats the style). The smell was putrid, smelled of heavy adjuncts and very metallic. Mouthfeel was very watery. As far as drinkability, it is decent, but keep in mind it has to be ICE cold otherwise don't even bother. I was disappointed by this, and will avoid in the future.

2.13/5  rDev -12%

Hey surprisingly decent! (by which I mean drinkable)
A very, extremely pale appearence, nearly as light as water from some angles. Very thin mouthfeel, medium carbonation, no texture. Flavour is simple, near non-existent. I could enjoy this at certain times - if I had to. Now that's not to say I would ever buy it, or even have one if somebody offered it to me, but to spite my sarcasm I actually did think it was ok! honestly.

Can: Poured a light yellow color lager with a small white bubbly head with minimal retention. Aroma of corn and adjunct is kind of light with some subtle vegetable note also noticeable. Taste is sweet with some distinctive note of adjunct. This beer is definitely boring and light overall but I could not detect major brewing flaws which is a plus I guess.

3.1/5  rDev +28.1%

A fair offering, brought back from Canada. Can says Big Hole Brewing, but states it's made in Utica, NY (F.X. Matt Brewing). Whatever. Pours out to a medium golden color with a small head of white foam that quickly dissipates. Aromas of sweet corn and malt, with a touch of hops. Taste is completely void of character, yet remains fair on the palate; malt, corn, bread, light hop pellets. Mouthfeel was bland, little carbonation noted on the tongue. Drinkability is pretty good. Not a bad choice, but it's easy to do better.

Yankee Jim Genuine Draft from Big Hole Brewing Company