Morbius Double I.P.A. | Hollister Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Hollister Brewing Co.
hollisterbrewco.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Morbius Double I.P.A - 8.8% ABV
A new addition to our already extensive repertoire of D.I.P.A.s, this beer is differentiated by an increase in caramel malt flavor and an entirely new hop regimen

Added by barleywinefiend on 07-03-2009

4.3/5  rDev 0%

From notes: 7/22/09
Hollister Brewing
Brodius DIPA 8.8%

Growler into oversize wine glass
Appearance= Regular pour yields a skinny 2 finger white head. Damn near opaque, deep orange beer.

Smell= Excellent nose. Hops, citrus, typical DIPA. Luv it.

Taste= What can I say? Classic DIPA flavors all around. Big hops, good malt backbone.

Mouthfeel= Dry on the backend, hop oils.Not too thick or thin.

Drinkability= Pretty damn high. Good nose, good flavor. I like this DIPA.

4/5  rDev 0%

Poured a nice copperish orange color with a small white head. Nose was big grapefruit, piney and lots of hops. Taste was graepfruit, pine, orange peel with toasted malts on the end. Toasted malts helped hide the hop bite. Very tasty and the ABV was very well hidden. Nice drinking IIPA. Chewy and something I would go back too.

Morbius Double I.P.A. from Hollister Brewing Co.