Meandering Monk | Oakshire Brewing

Oakshire Brewing
Oregon, United States
oakbrew.com

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beertunes on 05-18-2012

3.1

3.1/5  rDev 0%

Served in straight pint glass. Poured a hazy, lightly cloudy yellow with just a thin cap of white head that had very low retention and no lacing.

The aroma featured some yeasty spice (Clove?) and a nice grain scent that seemed like it had some wheat in it, although I don't know if the beer does or not. The flavors were the same, a nice wheaty base with some spice and yeast notes adding some character.

The body was OK, perhaps a bit on the thin side, and the beer had relatively low carbonation, so seemed a bit still on the tongue. Drinkability was decent, the beer went smoothly and enjoyably enough. Overall, a nice, solid, but not exciting, beer. Worth trying if you see it.

NOTE: The bartender didn't know the style, and I'm just guessing. I've sent a note to the brewery asking for some details and I'll adjust my review when I hear back from them.

Meandering Monk from Oakshire Brewing