Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Boricua Beer | Florida Beer Company

Added by jjamadorphd on 09-12-2017

Reviews by Retroman40:
2.84/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Poured a reddish brown with a somewhat persistent brownish head with some lacing. Smell was very malty as was the taste with almost no perception of hops. Very sweet finish. Smooth mouthfeel with low carbonation. Overall I felt more like I was drinking something like a Malta than a beer. I had high hopes for this one but was somewhat let down. There are far far better choices for 10 bucks a 6 pack!

4.06/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

This honestly reminded me of a Boston Lager...and maybe better...

I really didn't think much of this brew, not even sure why I picked it up, but glad I did. From the moment I poured it out, it reminded me of a Boston Lager. Same look, slightly lesser smell, but then slightly better taste (IMHO). Anyway, I finished it feeling this was somewhat a special brew, from a local brewer that rarely disappoints. If you're looking for a full-bodied lager, this is the way to go.

Boricua Beer from Florida Beer Company