Sinister Stout | Rivertowne Pourhouse

Style: Foreign / Export Stout

Added by RblWthACoz on 11-27-2008

Reviews by RblWthACoz:
4.1/5  rDev +3.8%

Pours black with a very thin dark tan head. Nose is chocolate malts. Flavor brings a bit of the same h a bitter edge that is pretty presen but masked a bit by the chocolate tone. Fairly smooth. Liquid is pretty typical, carbonation is low and smooth. A bit heavy, but still pretty easy to drink.

4.75/5  rDev +20.3%

My latest growler fill at the Pourhouse. I always like their stouts or porters because they always come with a warning!

A - Pitch black with a tan head. Very minimum head since I bought this 3 days ago.
S - Some chocolate but mostly coffee malts. Nice.
T - Slight bittersweet chocolate and coffee flavors with no bite as expected.
M - Kind of thin but chewy. Solid texture.
D - This is the first stout I have tried their and it is defiantly a keeper. Glad I did this beer for my growler fill.

Sinister Stout from Rivertowne Pourhouse