8 O' Clock Stout | Rivertowne Pourhouse

Style: American Stout

Added by DrDemento456 on 01-29-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.32/5  rDev n/a

"Brewed in honor of "Hatteras Happy Hour" (8 AM), this sweet stout is perfect for a morning pint! Aging this concoction of goodness on freshly ground coffee delivers a pick me up that won't let you down! Start your day off right! Why not make every hour a happy hour!"

A - Well as expected I get a solid pitch black looking stout with a 1/4 inch of mocha colored head.

S - Smells of fresh grinned coffee, mild roast, and a touch of chocolate malts.

T - Wow this actually disappointed me, maybe because I am used to such strong bodied higher ABV coffee stouts but to me it's a weak coffee flavor, little roast, and a sweet finish.

M - Pretty solid for a stout kind of watery but it's expected for their on tap offering to be smooth.

Overall I am kind of mad that they ran out of their smoke stout and offered this to me instead. I guess I am spoiled with Terrapin W+B, Flying Dog Cujo, and Founders Breakfast stout.

8 O' Clock Stout from Rivertowne Pourhouse
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.