Gose | C.H. Evans Brewing Company

C.H. Evans Brewing Company
New York, United States
evansale.com

Style: Gose

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by aerozeppl on 05-17-2010

3.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A: Probably the cloudiest beer I've seen. From what I understand this is to style. Straw color and topped with a thin white head. Some visible carbonation.

S: Slightly fruity aroma. Perhaps a touch of banana.

T: Banana right up front. Perhaps a touch of sour acidity but not much. The flavor is pretty light overall. It could be in my mind but there seems to be a slightly salty finish.

M: On the medium side of light. Any heaviness comes from the wheat. Almost no detectable carbonation on the tongue. Perhaps a bit of bite from acidity.

D: Its almost too plain. It doesn't really stand out in any way. It's not great but certainly drinkable.

4.23/5  rDev 0%

A: The haziest wheat based beer I have ever seen. It looks like someone dropped a shot of yeast into a Heff. A good amount of white head with a ton of sticky lacing. Vibrant yellow color. Wow.

S: The wheat is right up front and huge. Smells like fresh spent grain. Right behind that you get a nice sharp spiciness. I would have to assume this is from the corriander. There is something else I could not pin down but after reading the style guidelines maybe it is salt. Totally different.

T: The best gose I have ever had! Also the first. It does have a sharp kick to it in the beginning. Again big wheat flavor. Milky as part of the taste. The spice and salt element really makes this different. The more you taste it the more it comes out.

M: Super milky. A touch dry in the finish.

D: I really liked this beer. Just something totally different and a style I have never had before which is becoming really difficult. I would definitely order a gose again if I ever have the opportunity.

Gose from C.H. Evans Brewing Company