Miloweizen | C.H. Evans Brewing Company

evansale.com

Style: Weizenbock

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-06-2003

4.42/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the brewpub. Pours a cloudy amber/brown with a decent, lasting head (thanks, Wheat!). Aroma of cloves, a bit of banana, and whiffs of malts and alcohol. Nice.

So smooth - this just flows across the palate in such a nice manner. Cloves win out over the bananas, but the remainder is all kinds of fruity, estery, slightly sweet malt with a hint of roastiness/bitterness as it finishes. Chewy and impressive, like a dunkelweizen that grew up. A buddy of mine ordered one three minutes after I did and finished it off before me (I'm not known as a slow drinker), and proceeded to order a second despite the presence of the Winter Warmer on tap.

This is one of my favorite brews here, and if you're there and it's on tap, order one & call me.

Miloweizen from C.H. Evans Brewing Company