Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Ipswich Red Ale | Ipswich Ale Brewery

3.74/5
Good

Ipswich Ale Brewery
Massachusetts, United States
ipswichalebrewery.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Beginning with the 2013-2014 season, Ipswich Red Ale will be available exclusively at the TD Bank North Garden for all sporting and concert events. Support you local brewery and home team and make it an Ipswich Red Ale!

The Ipswich Red Ale is brewed with a blend of malts that lend a crispness to the body, and add a subtle sweet and caramel aroma. English roasted barley and German Munich Malt give this beer it's distinctive red hue and toasted flavor. The beer finishes smooth and hoppy with citrus-like aroma.

Added by Andrew041180 on 11-08-2013

3.5/5  rDev -6.4%

3.75/5  rDev +0.3%

3.5/5  rDev -6.4%

3.94/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Note: Per the Ipswich Brewing website, this beer is brewed exclusively for the TD Garden. Served on draft in plastic cups.

A - Dark reddish brown. Hard to gauge head retention and color properly based on the serving type and lighting.

S - Semi-sweet with distinctive roasty/nutty quality.

T - Follows the nose. Nice flavors here. The sweetness is mild, and is something like toffee, however, most of what you get is the more roasty qualities.

M - Nice carbonation level, very soft beer. Just a bit of a tingle on the finish.

O - My brother took me to the Bruins game last night and I tried this one, not having heard of it before. The price tag on a craft beer at the TD garden rivals that of most six-packs, so this won't be something that I have again, but if I'm going to pay $9.75 for a beer at least I am sending some of it to one of my favorite local breweries for a beer I can't get anywhere else. Very tasty, recommend to anyone looking for a beer at TD Garden.

Ipswich Red Ale from Ipswich Ale Brewery