Kellerbier Anno 1308 | Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren AG

Added by atis on 09-09-2010

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 5
4.02/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren AG "Kellerbier Anno 1308"
on tap @ Kaelderkold, Barcelona, ES
2€ for a 1/2 pint

Nice beer. Typical kellerbier. Unfortunately the glass I have in front of me is a little yeasty, and even briny in the nose... I'm guessing there's some autolysis going on, and that perhaps I've hit the end of the keg. So, it's not a great sample but I've had this beer before and found it quite nice with a bright maltiness and grassy, floral, and spicy hops - I think I can rate it as it should be, rather than detracting points on this poor sample.

3.49/5  rDev -5.4%

Pours hazy yellow with large and white rocky head. Aroma is intense grassy hops, slight spiciness,

Taste is an interesting mix of pale malt, light nots of floral hops, citric sourness and bits of spice; towards the end a feel of alcohol sets in. Mouthfeel is light with moderate carbonation.

Overall, I am slightly confused over this one. It seems that aroma is better than the taste, the beer seemed very drinkable at first, but towards the end I felt I would not like to have another one.

Kellerbier Anno 1308 from Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren AG