Christmas Cheer | Red Rock Brewery

Style: Winter Warmer

Added by BlackHaddock on 10-01-2009

3.11/5  rDev 0%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Christmas has come early this year! This bottle conditioned beer was best before Sept 2009, and drank, reviewed on the 1st Oct 2009.

Poured into an 'Old Speckled Hen' badged vase shaped pint glass.

The beer appeared to be flat and completely out of condition and at first vinegarous to the nose. Luckily I stuck at it and was rewarded with a half-decent beer.

A cloudy, murky, dirty brown liquid stared back at me as I checked the appearance, no head apart from a hint of a wisp and faint collar.

Once I got past the intitial smell it became intersting. Cloves, Cinnamon and Christmas aromas came to me in great waves.

The flavours of Christmas spices are all within the taste, pity it wasn't in a better state of affairs condition wise.

A full bodied beer that feels heavier in alcohol than it its 5.2%, pity my first impressions and its overal condition have knocked the scores down.

Christmas Cheer from Red Rock Brewery