Bellevue Oaty Berlin Stout | Brewbaker

Liked:
3.75/5
Alströms:

3.75/5  rDev 0%

Once again, props to Brewbaker: Berlin's most creative brewery!

A midnight-black stout with a foamy, khaki-colored head that honestly drinks far more like a porter than a stout. A nose with very strong coffee aromas, there is less coffee flavor in the mouth. A general roasted malt profile pervades, with a slight hint of bitter chocolate. Little or no hop presence.

My only real strong complaint is that the beer is very watery in the mouth, and though that makes it very drinkable, it really could have used some more body.

Overall, I am impressed and excited to be drinking a stout in Berlin. While it's certainly not among the greatest stouts I've ever tasted, I actually really enjoyed the entire bottle with my wife and will certainly return to the brewery in the future.

Bellevue Oaty Berlin Stout from Brewbaker