Imperial Doppel Bock | Eel River Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Eel River Brewing Co.
eelriverbrewing.com

Style: Doppelbock

Added by dbalsock on 02-20-2008

3.52/5  rDev 0%

This beer is a mystery to me... I drank the entire glass having no idea that it was 11.8%, but that's not becuase it was amazing... it was alright, but not amazing. It was dark amber with a thin head that disappeared before I could even think of a color to describe it, but if I head to I'd say offwhite. The smell was s spattering of rich malts, mostly munich type it seemed, but the taste was much more complex. I immediately picked up strawberry, and as it warmed it became more caramel based, but it never really tasted like a solid bock. It was too syruppy and a little to cloying for me to believe it was lagered like they said. The most incredible thing about it was that it feels like a 7% doppel bock instead of 11.8%. Very well done hiding the alcohol.

Imperial Doppel Bock from Eel River Brewing Co.