Amstel X-Light

View: Beers
Reviews: 9 | Ratings: 14 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
gvickery from Texas

2.81/5  rDev +12%

Not sure why all the bad reviews. This is advertised as an "xtra light" beer. It does at least smell similar to Heineken and the taste is true to a typical euro pilsner, admittedly a watered down version. Remember, its only 2g of carbs. I don't think its possible to make a brew taste like a full body beer and only have 90 cals and 2 carbs, c'mon man. It does have way more flavor than Ultra, there's really no comparison. I also like the fact that it still has more than 4% abv. It's the best low carb beer I've found.

May 16, 2018
AfricanPete14 from South Africa

1.12/5  rDev -55.4%

It was the most watery beer I’ve ever had in my life. I paid 24 dollars for 2 tall boy cans at the Bruins game, luckily they won. This beer was a total waste of money. It tasted like foam and seltzer water.

Apr 13, 2018
puboflyons from New Hampshire

2.97/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

From the 12 fl. oz. bottle with a March 2018 expiration date. Sampled on January 27, 2018.

Straw yellow pour under a white fizzy head that fades. Great clarity. Little to no lacing.

The aroma has a white bread, grainy, sourdough, and grassy character. Seems like it could be a sweet one.

Mouthfeel is watery and light basically.

The taste has the same breadiness as the aroma with a hint of sweetness. It finishes clean and crisp. It is good for the "Light Beer" style but I know I will never drink this again!

Jan 27, 2018
BeerMe9 from New York

4.53/5  rDev +80.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Much Better flavor than an Ultra, especially if you’re into import beers. I definitely don’t get full in a gross way and I don’t look like a ‘cool mom’ drinking it. I’ll be picking this up again.

Nov 28, 2017
Txmtnbiker from Texas

1.6/5  rDev -36.3%

12 oz oil can on sale for a buck in ice buckets front of the store, man Amstel has lost it with this one no taste! Needs to be on the shelf with all the 90's ICE beers except ice house lol

One & done!

Oct 14, 2017
Tstromer from Texas

2.74/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.75

Not bad for an extra light beer. But lost a lot of flavour and body from the regular Amstel or Amstel light. Very drinkable but wont buy again anytime soon.

Jul 23, 2017
TCP2017 from Florida

1.31/5  rDev -47.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I feel as though I am being quite generous with this rating as it is... Growing up, Amstel was a popular beer throughout Europe. Amstel Light was already 'light' enough. This was an embarrassment to the brand.

Jun 01, 2017
DarkStar75 from Texas

1.41/5  rDev -43.8%

This is a very light beer..bit of a stretch to even call stuff like this and Mich Ultra 'beer'. Bubbly and goes down like water, hardly any flavor at all. It really doesn't taste like anything. No hops, no barley, not even corn or rice..probably the most flavorless beer I've ever had. Very disappointing. Amstel Light was wayyy better.

May 31, 2017
BigMFDaddy from Massachusetts

1.04/5  rDev -58.6%

This may be the single worst beer I have ever had in my entire life..... to be honest I'm not surprised but I expected a bit more from a beer that was attempting to compete with Michelob Ultra..... ultra has more flavor and a much more complex taste compared to this beer.

Apr 02, 2017
Amstel X-Light from Amstel Brouwerij B. V.
Beer rating: 77 out of 100 with 14 ratings