Chikara Imperial Pilsner | Grand River Brewing

grandriverbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Pilsner

Added by mrmanning on 04-17-2011

2.5/5  rDev 0%

Experiment that didn't work. Very dry cask smple handbottle and unfiltered. Not much aroma. Somewhat boozy,not drinkable.A bit of hops and malt, like a home brew not quite right that your friend forces you to drink and give feedback.A sip or two and then a drain pour.

2.58/5  rDev 0%

Fresh cask sample, handbottled by the brewery. Thanks to Milos and Adil for sharing.Very cloudy straw lets almost no light in, pours just a thin ring of head. I wasn’t going to add my score initially, as I thought the beer might have been off a bit, but reading other reviews now, I see that folks share my thoughts, and it is not just me. Strange nose on this one. Like wet straw on a farm, lots of pale malts,with a bit of floral spice and loads of alcohol. Strong very, very sweet, of pale malts again. That’s about it. Sweet malts and alcohol. A bit of lemon on the finish. A massive beer that does not hide the alcohol well. Neat experiment in any event.

Chikara Imperial Pilsner from Grand River Brewing