Eichhof Lager | Brauerei Eichhof

Style: Munich Helles Lager

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 06-20-2002

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
3.25/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.32/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.19/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

2.4/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

2.64/5  rDev -13.7%

Review: 50 cl Bottle of Eichhof Lager: ABV: 4.8%

On pour we get a very clear, lovely, yellow looking beer, with some nice carbonation, bubbling along, and a nice white head produced. Definitely looks the part, nice colour and a nice head, some lacing apparent.
Looks good. Nice colour, nice head, some lacing, thumbs up on the appearance.

Has a nice smell, but faint though, which is a little malty and of sweet grains.

A little bit of lemon piercing through as well.

On the taste, well no taste! Or at least nothing I could find.

It is extremely smooth, of light body and easy to drink, that would be the pure Swiss waters I am sure, but I am not picking up any tastes or flavours at all, nothing that stands out.

Very smooth, and I guess it would be a good beer to drink in a session,

I do like it however, its like a tonic water, or an extra strength water, with some light, very light malts

Still no taste on the second one, again very smooth,

Overall it is nice enough to drink but no taste. Good beer to down a few, very sessionable and smooth with a crisp clean finish……….

3.19/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.5/5  rDev -18.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.93/5  rDev -4.2%

2.75/5  rDev -10.1%

3.25/5  rDev +6.2%

3.5/5  rDev +14.4%

4.25/5  rDev +38.9%

2.18/5  rDev -28.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

It's style above says Munich style Helles beer, how it got that category astounds me. This is a staple lager beer comparable to Carling Black Label or Pabst Blue Ribbon!
To say Munich style Helles means to me it should be brewed under the Rheinheitsgebot, but it isn't, which means it's brewed with chemicals!!
It pours nice, Then there's the first mouthful, not bad, hmmm, average beer, the aftertaste, like the first feeling from cottonmouth, dry sensation so I reach for a coke to provide hydration from the frosty dry feeling like I just had a mouthful of liquid nitrogen!
There isn't nothing else in here on tap so I stick with the Eichhof. After a few I order a double espresso and a coke. The drowsy and dry feeling I have needs to be dealt with, which has allowed my palette to recover, the night is young, so I order another. By now the company is good, the beer is getting worse and my buzz is good, so I order another.
In the morning I wake up and I have a feeling like it's Monday and I have to get up for work!! The I realise it's Saturday and my built in GPS is all over the place. I am dizzy with a feeling of dread, wtf?!
Oh, now I remember, a feeling like my first cheap piss up as a student drinking white lightening, Skol and Carling!! Yuuk! Whatever happened to my hangover free nights drinking quality German, under that marvelous purity law of 1516!?! One wakes up feeling fine and dandy!
Eichhof is a dry average lager comparable to Carling or Skol, not comparable to a far superior Bavarian Helles.

3.6/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

40cl, 17/11/13
Lost Abbey

A: Clear golden yellow color. Bright white layer of head. Some lacing bits. Not lots.

S: Grassy grainy hops. Some bright lemon. Biscuit like malts.

T: Light. Bright. Crisp. Light malts. Muted hops. Crisp finish.

M: Light bodied.

2.5/5  rDev -18.3%

3.75/5  rDev +22.5%

3.5/5  rDev +14.4%

3.13/5  rDev +2.3%

I brought a 500ml can of Eichhof Lager home from a recent trip to Europe. The beer pours a clear amber color with an initial thick white head that fades slowly leaving some lacing. The smell had grain and hop tones. Flavor is almost balanced with a slight hoppy finish. Mouthfeel was light bodied with good carbonation. Overall a decent beer.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast