Gigabit IPA | Hopworks Urban Brewery

Hopworks Urban Brewery
Oregon, United States
hopworksbeer.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by djbreezy on 04-16-2010

4.52/5  rDev 0%

On bottle "This fresh & eddy IPA honors Portland's new gigabit network project to pioneer a connected future with Google fiber-to-the-home. Got this special brew from a public relations friend who was up there representing my city to help them out. He told me he got this beer from Portland that was nasty. I knew then, I had to have it.

Pours a slightly hazy light orange.
Bursting with freshly squeezed grapefruit and a little honey.
Finishes aggressively bitter with a light nuttiness.
Light mouthfeel with medium to low carbonation.
Not too complex, but a fresh, great drinking hop forward IPA I wish I had more of.

4.42/5  rDev 0%

appearance - pours a golden/amber

smell - citrus hops on the nose, pine

taste - the hops used are amazing, very fresh tasting, citrus and pine are prominent, some caramel malts to balance things out, smooth finish

mouthfeel - light to medium body

drinkability - a very refreshing beer, easy to drink

Gigabit IPA from Hopworks Urban Brewery