Biere De Pharaoh | Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works

Added by hopdog on 07-12-2009

3.9

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4
4.67/5  rDev +19.7%

This is one of my favorite from the Brew Works. This beer pours out as a beautiful golden yellow color. The head and lacing don't really hold up all that well. The smell of the beer is sweet and very interesting. I founf it to be very inviting. The taste is wonderful in my opinion. I love the honey flavors from start to finish. The mouthfeel of the beer is thick enough to coat the mouth really well but remain drinkable. This beer overall in my opinion is great, I loved every drop of it I had. I found myself going back for seconds and thirds of it on several occasions. I'd love to see them make this one again. If not I'll be satisfied knowing that I got some while it was available. This was a very good beer!

3.25/5  rDev -16.7%

Biere De Pharoah "09" Reserve
I had this on tap at the Bethlehem Brew Works, it came out with a slight head that only lasted a bit. It was pure golden orange when held up to the light. It reminded me of liquid honey, well it kinda is. Wow the smell is pretty interesting, it smells sweet and honeyish but it also reminded me of a very strong Belgian Ale. The sip is a bit harsh on the palate at first, but the aftertaste is very smooth and tastes just like honey. There was no malt detected in the nose or the taste. It was well covered up with the 660 pounds of Orange Blossom Honey.
Overall a decent sipping beer, but it is one that should be enjoyed in very small quantites. Drinking this with a pasta meal was a big mistake on my part. Clash of the Titans.

3.32/5  rDev -14.9%

On tap at the Bethlehem location.

Poured a medium golden color with almost no head. Aromas of honey, alcohol and some citrus (I noted orange creamsicle). Tastes of the same honey sweetness with a lighter citrus. Medium alcohol in the finish but not ~14%. I usually am not too crazy about braggots/meads, but found this one to be somewhat enjoyable!

Biere De Pharaoh from Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works