Double Wit | Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works

Availability: Spring

Added by NoLeafClover44 on 02-11-2012

3.5/5  rDev 0%

3.41/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at the SteelGaarden, the Bethlehem Brew Works after hours lounge. Served in a 14 oz. octagonal glass. It is the imperial version of their Belgian Wit.

A - Very hazy pale yellow color. One finger white head that dies leaving a film and a nice lacing.

S - Citrus, coriander, wheat, and some banana. There is also a faint strange funk that smells similar to hot dogs. Not the most pleasant aroma.

T - I taste a lot of orange, some spice, and an obvious wheat character. Tastes like a good wit and the high alcohol is well hidden.

M - Good carbonation that fades by the time I am done. Medium bodied, goes down smooth and finishes clean.

O - I have tried some of the other "imperial wits" out there and they are usually a strange boozy mess. This one drinks more like a standard wit and the alcohol isn't very apparent. It is very refreshing and the flavors work well together. This isn't a style I drink often but I was intrigued by the unusually high alcohol content. The Brew Works always seems to have a few new interesting beers on tap every time I go in which is impressive for an operation of their size. This beer was well done and I will probably get it again.

Double Wit from Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works