It's Not My Alt! | Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works

Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works
Pennsylvania, United States
thebrewworks.com

Style: Altbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by thain709 on 04-04-2012

Liked:
3.8/5
10%
Alströms:

3.89/5  rDev +2.4%

I'm somewhat new to alts, and I will agree this is sweeter than the others I've had, but I still thought it was a balanced beer. Otherwise, I'm in agreement with the other reviews. I would order this again though.

3.5/5  rDev -7.9%

3.45/5  rDev -9.2%

Appearance is a light copper with a finger of head that dissipated quickly. The nose was very mild – too mild. There is a very light malt flavor which borders on bland. A trace of caramel flavor poked through and added a nice touch. The body is quite thin as well. The finish is pleasantly dry and definitely the highlight of this offering.

FYI – the ABV is 5.30%

4.5/5  rDev +18.4%

3.67/5  rDev -3.4%

A - Served with a dark copper body that had some clarity to it...the head was white, one finger tall, and short lived...the only lacing was left towards the top of the glass

S - The aroma was nice and sweet...caramel dipped dark fruits with just a touch of hop bitterness towards the end...simple and to the point

T - Here's where the sweetness overpowered things...it starts at first sip and leaves while you are swallowing...caramel and toffee flavors are large and in charge...fruity flavors come out in the middle (dates, raisins, apples) but they don't cut the sweetness at all...finish is dark caramel

M - Medium bodied...very smooth with little carbonation...sweet

O - The sweetness level got to me on this one...I've had Altbiers that were less sweet and I enjoyed them a lot more...I ordered this one because of it's name!

It's Not My Alt! from Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works