Backyard Ale | Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works

thebrewworks.com

Style: Cream Ale

Added by NeroFiddled on 10-09-2004

2.83/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the Bethlehem Brew Works Brew Pub.

Poured a light yellow color with a smaller sized white head. I found the aromas to be almost non-existent. Somewhat floral? Tastes were also on the softer side. Some floralness with maybe some graininess? Softer and thinner all the way around.

Notes from 9/19/04

3.47/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is a selection I simply had to try, although it may scare some off. According to the folks at the Bethlehem Brew Works, this Ale was brewed with an array of dandelions, marigolds and other flowers. Kind of gave me the idea that I was going to take a big swig of a greenhouse. But the ale was light, refreshing, and not as goofily-pungent from the flowers as I would have expected. Yet another strong experiment from the crew at BBW.

Prosit!