Duzy Piwo | O'so Brewing Company & Tap House

O'so Brewing Company & Tap House
Wisconsin, United States
osobrewing.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DaPeculierDane on 05-23-2008

Liked:
3.13/5
Alströms:

3.28/5  rDev +4.8%

A-Pours a nice hazy honey-amber with small head that dissipates promptly. Some tiny beads of carbonation within.
S-Light creamed corn, faint peach, powerful honey, and a veil of sweet melted butter that is delicate, but I think it's a hint of diacetyl. I'm picking out some other notes too, but the butterscotch is masking them.
T-Pleasant backbone of corn and grain, and a blend of phenols and esters emerges midway, with peach, honey, butter, and a finish of ephemeral hops.
M-Light-bodied and lightly-carbonated, leaning toward sweet, but slightly offset by an unremarkable hop presence that wraps up a harmonious overall mouthfeel.
D-Interesting, but this bottle was not at the top of its game. I will try again though, since I have had some good brews from O'so that merit keeping the faith.

4.01/5  rDev +28.1%

A - Frothy quick living white head. It does a nice job of finishing itself off very slowly at the end. The body is a hazy orangish yellow.

S - Strong aroma of apricot complimented by banana and a hint at sugared peaches.

T - This is a very unique flavored brewed. It has fruit filled characters but remarkably maintains a firm beer finish. I'm not sure if I can actually make out the oats in the flavor but the label indicates their presence.

M - The feel is light at the front and finishes with a subtle abrasion of my tongue in order to bring out a bit more flavor.

~ While I appreciate the nice qualities found in this beer I don't necessarily think it will be one of my mainstays. I'm thinking that those beer lovers that enjoy a Spotted Cow from New Glarus will too like this O'so polish brew.

1.42/5  rDev -54.6%

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Small head on a dark yellow body. Immediately, the first smell is of wine. In fact, the only smell is wine. Couldn't distinguish anything past that. And the taste was no different. Very wine cooler-ish, as it is also a bit fizzier than it appears. Admittedly, this was my first Polish, or at least an American version. I may well have expected something I shouldn't.

3.82/5  rDev +22%

Brewer's Description: The first Polish words that I learned after moving to Central Wisconsin were Duzy Piwo. It is ironic that we now operate a brewery that crafts plenty of "Big Beers". Enjoy this big golden treat in moderation or you could end up on your dupa!

Presentation: Dark brown 12 oz bottle. Label of the Polish Flag with a big O and the name spelled out on a yellow rectangle.

Appearance: Crystal clear gold with almost no head and minimal carbonation.

Aroma: very much like the inside of a brewery...malt and a little corn husk. Some sweet fruity phenols come through as it warms kind of like the fruit filling of a peach truffle.

Taste: Somewhat odd with most of the flavors being difficult to place... a light boozey fruit presence is noted with some corn syrup characteristics. Peachy with definitive notes of honey when warm and the hint of grape skin in the finish.

Mouthfeel: Ultralight, low carbonation, leaning toward sweet but balanced, however, without any pronounced bitterness or hop presence. Mild twang in the finish.

Drinkability: Easy to drink but interest level is low.

A good stab at a Polish Macro and though not great, it's certainly no Gowno.

Duzy Piwo from O'so Brewing Company & Tap House