Mad Monk | Allgates Brewery

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by CwrwAmByth on 02-12-2011

3.75/5  rDev 0%

3.51/5  rDev 0%

Mad Monk is the second beer I tasted at the Chelmsford Winter Beer festival, mainly because it was the only Imperial Stout Left.

The appearance is good, like guinness.
It smells like guinness too, but more strongly of alcohol.
It tastes alright, like a watered down, more alcohol version of guinness draught. (sorry for the guinness comparisons, but these were my thoughts at the time)

I could not drink all of this beer, it tasted too strong but watery. Although as this won 2010 "Champion Strong Ale of Northern England" I guess I may have had a bad batch.

Mad Monk from Allgates Brewery