Danish Continental Lager | Davidson Brothers Restaurant & Brewery

davidsonbrothers.com

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by eporter66 on 04-04-2009

3.7/5  rDev 0%

Off the tap at the brewpub this beer was a deep chestnut color with a reddish-tan head. The retention was very good and the lacing acceptable. The aroma was of caramel malt, toasted lager malt and a touch of smoke. The flavors were unusual and a bit darker than the aroma suggested, caramel malt and roasted malt with only a hint of lager malt. I also tasted smoke and some citrus hops that added balance. Acidic and very dry. The mouthfeel was watery, the body medium/light and the carbonation delicate. A unique beer and worth a try.

3.51/5  rDev 0%

A visit to the Restaurant, this is their Brewers choice, and it has not been served since 2005.

After my IPA, I figured I would try the newest brew on the board. Came out looking like a stout, very dark in color with a 1 finger frothy head. Smell was malt and coffee, and the taste had a similiar flavor with a bit of bitterness at the finish. Mouthfeel was good, and this is another very drinkable beer from the Davidson Brothers - if I had not forgotten to bring my growler, this is what I would have come home with.

Danish Continental Lager from Davidson Brothers Restaurant & Brewery