Little Italy | Right Brain Brewery

rightbrainbrewery.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by CrazyMacHarris99 on 01-26-2009

4/5  rDev 0%

Tried this beer at a recent trip to Right Brain in a Sampler.

When viewing The beer is a medium amber color

When smelling this beer a strong smell of basil is present.

Basically the taste is just like it smells, has a nice aftertaste and strong basil presence. Has a unique taste to it being you don't see this used too often.

The beer was pretty drinkable, though with the strong taste, not sure if it would be considered a "session beer" for me.

Overall not a bad beer and lived up to it's name. The beer sounded pretty interesting and it was enjoyable. I would drink again and was one of the better notable ones from the sampler that I had.

4.05/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Recieved this from hoppymeal in a recent trade.

Pours from the growler with a soapy, white head that dissipates to a thin ring. A friend drinking with me immediately states it smells like weed. It does but upon inhaling further the scent is more concentrated basil. The taste is the same. Basil right up front with a slight honey and malt sweetness. Not really any hop presence but may just be hidden by the slightly earthy and bitter basil. The mouthfeel is somewhat oily and somewhat creamy. Overall, I like it but I had to drink two glasses before I warmed up to it. Derek was right when he said you really have to like basil to enjoy this one and my Italian wife sure did.

Little Italy from Right Brain Brewery