HopCat Sunshine Leyte | HopCat

hopcatgr.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by SerialTicker on 12-28-2013

3.65/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Part of a HopCat beer sampler.

I don't normally like hefeweizens, but this is one I'd have again for sure... HopCat describes this as a "spiced hefeweizen", and it gives the typically two-note style an extra spiced kick that I really actually enjoy. You can certainly tell it's a hefe, but the spices (wish I remembered exactly what it was like so I could be more helpful) give it a nice touch without turning it into an herb/spice beer. I wish more breweries thought to make a hefe like this one is... would be enjoyable any time of year.

HopCat Sunshine Leyte from HopCat