Kiwi's Playhouse | HopCat

Reviews by klipper:

3.5/5  rDev +4.5%

3.03/5  rDev -9.6%

On tap @ HopCat

A - Pale straw yellow with no visible head. No lacing at all.

S - Sour and funk up front with some bready notes. No kiwi is detectable at all.

T - Sour up front with some funk. Some sweet breadiness. No kiwi, just as the nose suggested.

M - Light body. Moderate carbonation.

O - I love kiwi and was looking forward to this one, but the kiwi was nowhere to be found. Still a decent enough beer though.

3.41/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On-tap as part of a HopCat beer sampler.

Appearance: A golden brown sort of color. Zero head, zero lacing. Haze? Didn't look closely enough. Not a single bubble in the glass... strange. Then again, I've never had the style before, I don't think.

Smell: Sour/tart. Nondescript sorts of fruit. Kiwi? I figure with the name "Kiwi's Playhouse" that there ought to be kiwi, but I don't get it.

Taste/feel: Sour/tart. Nondescript sorts of fruit. Kiwi? I figure with the name "Kiwi's Playhouse" that there ought to be kiwi, but I don't get it. Feel is somewhat thin but it has a decent body with a nice bit of carbonation as well.

Not a bad beer at all, but it either needs a new name, or a recipe tweak. Eh.

3.75/5  rDev +11.9%