Simcoe Pale Ale | Marble Brewery

Awaiting More Ratings

Marble Brewery
New Mexico, United States
marblebrewery.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Reagan1984 on 04-11-2010

4.22/5  rDev 0%

This beer was available on tap at the Marble Brewing location in Albuquerque.

They described it as a "single hop" pale ale. Seems pretty straight forward.

Wow, this was like drinking juicy/resiny hop juice.

The pint came with a perfect finger of bright white head upon it. The beer was a orange amber color that reminded me of honey or a nice sunset. Some decent lacing.

Aroma was a punch in the face of bright thick pine tat made you think the resin was sticking to the lining of your nose.

The flavor did nothing to back off the aroma. Seriously, hop juice. Am I sucking on a pine air freshener? Bright, lively intense and a beer that grabs the back of your cheeks. Frankly could have used a touch more balance and this comment is coming from a Hop junky. If their goal was to showcase the simcoe hop, mission accomplished. At times I joked that it was like sucking on two hop cones.

The body was medium, but the mouthfeel was almost overwhelming due to the over the top hop flavors.

I found that I enjoyed the first half of the glass, but then it was just too much. Interesting in that I really liked it, but it seems to be made to enjoy in small quantities.

I am very glad that I had the opportunity to try this special beer.

As fresh and bright as a beer could be.

Simcoe Pale Ale from Marble Brewery