Chihuahua Mexicaine | Brasseur De Montréal

Availability: Summer

Added by Clubchat on 07-27-2010

Reviews by Clubchat:
2.48/5  rDev -4.2%

A: Little to no head as I poured a bright straw yellow color color

S: The smell is absolutely lime, fresh grass and malt

T: Lime and ginger flavors dominate

M: Light in body, low carbonation, crisp

D: Ok drinkability, probably a good beer for beach days !

2.88/5  rDev +11.2%

Bottle: Poured a super light yellow color beer with a medium pure white foamy head with average retention and minimal lacing. Aroma of lime is quite dominant with notes of extract clearly identifiable. Taste is also dominated by lime with some sort of extract that was used as well as a faint malt presence. Body is quite light with OK carbonation. Not something I would buy regularly but better then Bud Lime.

2.25/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.53/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

So I'm cooking Mexican food, so why not crack open this bottle of lime flavored beer that my team at work gave me at Christmas. Although les Brasseurs de Montreal are not at the absolute top of my list of Quebec microbrews, I do enjoy there stuff quite a lot and have been to their brew pub a few times.

Holy lime, lime, lime, lime aromas. Lim...e cordial. Smell some sugar - candy. A bit of coriander and Ginger.

Lots of Lime up front, minor sweetness. Bitter finish. The lime flavor with the hops is kind of interesting. The problem is that the lime taste comes off as lime "flavor" which instinctively turns me off a bit. But.... I'm kinda enjoying this. I think it was a good idea keeping the alcohol levels extremely low, makes for a refreshing beer. This would be great in the summer. And although I mentioned the lime taste feels a bit generic, it is miles above any of the macrobrewery versions of this style.

Chihuahua Mexicaine from Brasseur De Montréal